Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Happy Hump Day

Good morning all!

How are we today?  I am pretty fantastic actually!  Last night was my first weigh in after being on Weight Watchers for one week and I am happy to announce that I am down 3lbs!  Amazing!  I made a few small changes to my lifestyle this week and clearly they are working! 



As I mentioned just before the holidays, Weight Watchers works on a points system based on your height, weight, age and activity level during the day.  So you get X amount of points to consume during the day.  They give you a 'food bible', as I call it which lists a huge variety of foods with their points values beside them.  They also track your activity points, so lets say you went for a 40 minute brisk walk with your dog, you have just added 3 points to your day.  Obviously you are trying to stay at your daily limit, but if you are exercising you have the right to eat more to re-fuel your body.  I definitely ate those points last week, but I wasn't only walking the dog, I was doing Zumba and hot yoga.  Both of those exercises earned me 8 points each.  So I was earning anywhere from 8-10 extra points a day.  I don't think I could have done it with out those activity points.  It sure gets you moving!

The biggest changes I made this past week was tracking everything I consumed.  Even if I went over by a point or two, I could be accountable for that.  I also got to planning my meals.  Calculating the points before hand so that I could make any modifications before I started cooking. 

The one change I did not make which Weight Watchers encourages you to do, is to eat diet, low fat/non-fat items.  Since I watched that documentary before the holidays I have refused to purchase anything diet, low fat or non-fat.  It's not good for you so why would I put it into my body.  Weight Watchers works just fine with the regular stuff, I just have to eat a bit less.  I am okay with that!

At every meeting we have to leave with the idea of making one new change for each week, so this week I am going to make sure to carry a snack with me if I travel through out the day.  This way I won't be tempted to grab something at a fast food place or come home and scarf down a whole pile of junk just to satisfy me. This snack could be anything! A piece of fruit, granola bar, etc...points will be calculated before hand of course.

The best part of weight watchers is that all fruits and veggies are zero points!  While they encourage you to eat low fat items which is not so good, they do encourage you to put those healthy green things into your body! I have been doing a lot of that!  Not just with the juicing, but snacking on them as well.  I already feel much better!

I think that my new years resolution to get healthy and get fit is really happening!! I hope that all of you are having success like me and that you are happy doing it! 

Have a wonderful day and I will chat with you all very soon!

P.S.  Have you watched the Hungry for Change documentary?

No comments:

Post a Comment